Wednesday, June 15, 2011

June 15, 1996

Our 15th anniversary finds Tony at Cub Scout camp functioning on 4 hours of sleep, me at home with Macy, and later on me taking the kids to the church so Tony can sleep in peace and quiet.  It's not what I had pictured 15 years ago, that's for sure...But thank you, God for the blessings I didn't dream of back then!
Both Parker and Macy are excited that they are included in tonight's candlelight dinner plans.  I'm fixing the first meal that I ever made for Tony which also happens to be in Parker and Macy's top five favorites and a Church of Christ potluck staple - Poppy Seed Chicken.  I am trying a new recipe too -blueberry snack cake.  I can just see the romantic points I am earning.  OK, no points for romance, but maybe a couple of points for showing Parker and Macy this is what a real life marriage looks like.
Now I would love to share my top 15 things I love about Tony, but Macy is almost done with her 30 minute Thomas video.  So here is what I love most about Tony today.  Tomorrow it will be something different. :)  He shows me grace daily.  I know many of you may find this hard to believe, but I can be quite crabby and self-centered.  Yet, he still loves me when I almost sever his head with my razor sharp tongue.  A long time ago, we heard a speaker compare men to microwaves and women to crock-pots.  We often tease each other and I'll tell him that my crock pot isn't even on the counter.  The other day (yes, friends it happens more often than I would like to admit to the whole world wide web), I had said something especially unkind.  Tony just looked at me and said, "You just took a hammer to my microwave and smashed it into smithereens."  I instantly laughed and made up for my mean words. That's what I mean by grace - he could have come back to me with something equally as ugly which is what I really deserved.  But he chose grace as he does day after day.  Happy Anniversary, honey!
Finally, Happy Anniversary to the Boltons!  Every anniversary, I think of you celebrating too in sweet home Alabama!

1 comment:

Martha said...

Happy anniversary! Miss y'all so much!