Monday, July 11, 2011

Beat the heat with a must read!

Since I don't have my usual hour of grading to do after the kids go to bed, I've been indulging in my favorite pastime - reading (big surprise!).  It's easy to ignore my summer to do list when I am in a middle of a book.  So far this summer, Black Heels and Tractor Wheels by Ree Drummond has been my favorite.  You know I love Ree in a big way!  I can't wait for her show to start this month on Food Network.  But even if you aren't a foodie, it is a great read!  It chronicles how she met her husband and went from being a city girl to a ranch wife.  I love listening to people tell a story - any story -  whether it's how they fell in love, went on a trip, or about their kids.  If you like real life stories too, then check this book out and join me in ignoring our to do lists! :)

No comments: