Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year Resolutions

I love New Year Resolutions! I think that is one of my many reasons for being a teacher. I get to start over twice a year. I have so many ideas bouncing around in my head that I can't even narrow it down to my top five. Of course, one of them is to do a better job of keeping you posted about the adventures of Parker and Macy! I know you find them as enthralling as I do. :) But tonight as I was cuddling Macy asleep, it hit me why I find New Year resolutions so refreshing. I fall short of God's glory in so many ways. Some of them I could freely confess and some bring so much shame, I couldn't tell anyone but Him. I love New Year Resolutions because it is an opportunity to recommit to the One who is the giver of all life and in doing so become a better person. So if you know me, please hold me accountable. Feel free to ask how I am doing remembering this rebirth in the heat of July. Here's to you and your resolutions: May God bless us all as we try to reflect the light of His love. Cheers!

1 comment:

Laura Lendman said...

My daughter never ceases to amaze me with her words of redemtion, new beginnings, do overs! Thank GOD for daughters and the things they teach their mothers! I am SO PROUD of YOU!