Monday, July 16, 2012

Motivational Monday: Mental Reminders

After spending time on our family vacation and hearing a great sermon yesterday, I am reminded once again of how important it is to nurture our families.  With the return to school quickly approaching, I am giving myself mental reminders...Don't lose sight of this....This is what matters...Remember to listen...Of course, all this is easier said then done. 
Our church has been using this scripture as a focus these last few weeks: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.  These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts.  Impress them on your children.  Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.  Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates." Dueteronomy 6:5-9  My Jewish friends know this scripture well since they recite this scripture every morning and evening.  I think I may have to start too because it is way too easy to let my conversations be about homework, books, or math facts.  
When my overflowing school bag condemns me, when the laundry won't clean itself, and the living room floor looks like a land mine, help me to focus on those things eternal.




No comments: