Monday, July 23, 2012

Motivational Mondays: Plans?

"Why must you find something in every situation to worry about?" said Tony.  If only if he had taken a picture!  Words cannot begin to describe the look of shock on my face.  Never having a snappy comeback when I really need one, a few minutes later, I told him that he was confusing worry with planning.  


I love to plan as many of you know.  But I often have a Plan A, Plan B, and Plan C.  Despite the fact that I know life does not go according to plan - no matter how many I make.  Looking back on all the situations in our married life that did not go according to plan, I am grateful that God's plan always have trumped mine.  Even when times were painful or bitter or desperate, the ending has always been a blessing.  


Yet, I still plan.  All the variations of my plans and lists are a security blanket for the unknown - my emergency preparations kit.  I'm trying to practice Tony's philosophy.  Embrace the joy and trust that everything will work out.  Even as I'm writing I feel the "but" wanting to come out. "Everything will work out"  But only because I have a plan for that. Truly, only one plan is needed...
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: