Tuesday, February 14, 2012

For My Valentine

Love is patient.  You are the most patient man operating on average of 3.5 hours of sleep Monday through Friday.  Love is kind.  Thank you for setting up the coffee every morning.  I know I could do it, but it tastes better when you make it.  It does not envy.  You are always happy to be where we are. Rich or poor.  For better or worse.  It does not boast.  You can listen to someone else's story without having to top it.  It is not proud.  You're friends with a variety of people, from all walks, and you treat them all the same.  It is not rude.  You model good manners every day for Parker and Macy.  It is not self-seeking.  I have never seen you do anything out of selfish ambition.  It is not easily angered.  I can get carried away with the passion of my emotions.  You remain calm.   It keeps no record of wrongs.  You have never reminded me of my mistakes.  Not once.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  You've shared the truth with countless coworkers.  It always protects.  You shelter me from toxic people.  It always trust.  When we have not known where our choices were taking us, you always trusted that where we ended up was where we were suppose to be.  It always hopes.  After Lauran died, I couldn't even think about trying again.  You never lost hope for having a healthy baby.  I'm so very glad you didn't.  It always perseveres.  You've had dreams that didn't come to pass, but you've always moved forward without bitterness.  Love never fails...And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love.  But the greatest of these is love.  

No comments: