Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Opinion Piece

It seems to be lurking everywhere - NEGATIVITY!  Disagree with whomever or whatever and a classification is announced. "She's so negative."  The great debate has become the great conformity. I haven't met the "who" that inspired this movement that has entered our government, our workplaces, and maybe even our places of worship.  Conformity to the current belief without the exchange of ideas is truly the dumbing down of America.
Friends, I have so many hot buttons right now that I cannot shut up.  Because of the possibility of having to wear a scarlet N on my chest, I am constantly questioning whether or not to speak up.  Every time the urge to purge enters my brain, I wonder how what I want to say will be preceived.  But then a thought causes me to be silent.  There is only one thing that I want to conform to, and that is Christ.  What is right deserves a voice even when the "who" would label me a negative person.  I don't recall Jesus receiving the "Most Positive Person" award when he cleared the temple or when he debated the Pharisees.  What is right is not always popular or even positive.  "In this world, you will have trouble.  But take heart!  I have overcome the world!" John 16:33

No comments: