Sunday, January 29, 2012

My Boy In Blue

It has been a cub scout frenzy this week.  Tuesday night, we hosted the den meeting. Wednesday night, Tony took Parker and Macy to the Pit Party.  Thursday night, we attended the pack meeting where Parker moved up to wolf.  (Don't ask me what that means.  I'm still trying to keep all the lingo straight.)

Then today found us at the Pinewood Derby.  As a mom, there is nothing more fun than watching your baby have a great time.  Our wolf den is large - 24 cars raced.  Watching Parker advance through the semi-finals and the finals was a blast!  Then when he came in fourth, seeing him fight back tears and congratulate the winners filled me with pride.   I want both Parker and Macy to know that they will not always bring home the win.  But that doesn't necessarily make them the loser.  It's how they handle losing that will define them as winners.  





No comments: